Employment Opportunities – Human Resources Generalist
human resources generalist | MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS, ST. PETERSBURG
Founded in 1964 and located along the beautiful downtown waterfront of St. Petersburg, Florida, the Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg (MFA) is a collecting museum annually serving more than 120,000 residents and visitors to the Tampa Bay area. The MFA is proud to present the largest comprehensive art collection in the state of Florida, spanning 5,000 years of civilization in about 20,000 objects from antiquity to today. Highlights include masterpieces from Vigée Lebrun, Corot, Monet, Morisot, Lafarge, Inness, Tiffany, O’Keeffe, De Kooning, Rauschenberg, Wiley, and others; a sculpture garden; important holdings of ancient, African, and Mesoamerican art; and one of the largest and most respected photography collections in the Southeastern United States. In a growing city with multiple museums and a thriving cultural life, the MFA provides the broad context into which all the other local arts organizations fit.
The MFA presents a wide variety of art experiences across the spectrum of time and culture, from expansive blockbusters to provocative contemporary exhibitions to more focused shows illuminating the depth and beauty of the museum’s growing collection. With 17,000 square feet in collections galleries—which were recently renovated and reinstalled—and 7700 square feet for temporary exhibitions, the MFA brings art to life as no other museum in the Tampa Bay area can. In addition to its robust exhibition program, the MFA engages its community through exciting public programs and events and serves our students through youth programs and a partnership with the Pinellas County School System. About 6,000 public school students attend the MFA each year as part of their 6th-grade social studies curriculum.
POSITION: Human Resources Generalist
REPORTS TO: CFO
JOB CODE: Part-time (24 hours per week)/ On-site
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Human Resources Generalist administers and executes the daily functions of the MFA HR department with administrative support as needed. They work in partnership with a third-party PEO to perform all of the duties and responsibilities of the department and serve as an on-site subject matter expert. As a sole practitioner, the incumbent develops partnerships with all other MFA departments, focusing on understanding their challenges and opportunities and delivering support and solutions to help those departments achieve their goals.
• MFA office hours are 9am-5:30pm Monday- Friday
• This position requires all hours to be fulfilled onsite
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs, including but not limited to HRIS data entry, month-end data tracking, record-keeping, compensation and payroll, benefits and leave, disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations, performance and talent management, facilitating background checks, and training and development
• Act as liaison to PEO and other third parties
• Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants and employees, maintaining confidentiality when appropriate and referring to other staff or resources when necessary
• Support recruiting by updating job descriptions, posting vacancy announcements, facilitating candidate communication and supporting interview processes as needed
• Implement new hire orientation program, including building onboarding week schedule and communicating IT needs
• Attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigation
• Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations as well as recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance
• Participate in special projects and/or committees, including the MFA Diversity, Equity, Accessibility& Inclusion committee
• Perform other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Education/ Experience Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field and a minimum of 3-5 years of applicable experience is required or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
• SHRM Certified Professional, SHRM Senior Certified Professional, Professional in Human Resources, or Senior Professional in Human Resources credential or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment is preferred
Skills and Abilities Required
• Knowledge of and experience in multiple human resources disciplines and employment-related laws and regulations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Well-developed empathy and interpersonal skills
• Intermediate to advanced technology skills: MS Office, HRIS, and cloud-based applications
• Proficiency working with detailed information with a high degree of accuracy
• Able to receive feedback, take accountability when appropriate, and demonstrate an ongoing interest in self-development
• Able to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality and decorum
• Able to work in a non-profit environment; adhere to deadlines; demonstrate flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities while maintaining a positive attitude
• Able to manage effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and members of the public; exercise tact and diplomacy at all times; demonstrate an understanding of protocol and sensitivity to cultural diversity issues; nurture a positive working environment
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time operating a computer and other offices productivity devices such as a calculator, telephone, and printer
• May move equipment up to 10 lbs.
• May have to work late nights, weekends and in outdoor weather
• All current MFA St. Petersburg employees are vaccinated against Covid-19. Applicants are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated for the health and safety of our community
• Able to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
• Able to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA and other federal, state, and local standards
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed, as well as the typical responsibilities of this position. Management reserves the rights to modify, change, add or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship between Museum of Fine Arts and its employees.
HOW TO APPLY
Please address resume, letter of interest, and salary requirements to the Human Resources Department at the Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg, and email to: HR@MFAstpete.org with Human Resources Generalist in the subject line or mail to the following address:
Museum of Fine Arts
255 Beach Drive N.E.
St. Petersburg, FL 33701-3498
No phone calls please
To download the Human Resources Generalist PDF document please click here.
View all job opportunities at the Museum Of Fine Arts.