An Exclusive MFA Collectors Circle Tour: London and Greece
Dear MFA Friend, Benefactor, Sustainer & Advocate level members:
Please join us for one amazing odyssey through Greece starting in London or meeting the group in Athens, Greece. You will enjoy exclusive access to historical landmarks and monuments, with the wonderful advantage of traveling with the MFA”s Sr. Curator of Early Western Art, Dr. Michael Bennett. He will accompany us on our entire trip to provide insights and fascinating onsite perspectives throughout our journey.
London & Greece – USA departure September 10, 2019 (15 overnights)
Meet us in Greece – USA departure September 13, 2019 (12 overnights)
The Land Tours Include:
LONDON: (based on 10- 13 passengers)
- The group is accompanied by Dr. Michael Bennett, Sr. Curator of Early Western Art
- Meals include: 3 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners with wine
- 3 overnights at the Hotel Principal Russell with breakfast daily
- Airport transfers (regardless of arrival and departure times)
- Porterage at the hotel
- Entrance to the British Museum
- Professional guide at the group’s disposal for two full days
- Visits to local galleries and/or private collections
- Gratuities for guide and driver
- Onsite lectures by Dr. Michael Bennett, MFA Sr. Curator of Early Western Art
GREECE: (based on 10 – 13 passengers)
- Accompanied by Dr. Michael Bennett, Sr. Curator of Early Western Art
- Meals included: 12 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 6 dinners ( a few details below)
* Visit to Skouras Winery with lunch
* Welcome Dinner in Athens at Diavlos
* Dinner in Athens at Ithaki in Vouliagmeni
* Dinner in Athens at Strofi overlooking the Acropolis
* Farewell Dinner in Athens at Kuzina, overlooking the Acropolis
- 3 overnights in Athens at the Royal Olympic Hotel with breakfast daily
- 1 overnight in Olympia at the Olympia Asty Hotel with breakfast daily
- 1 overnight in Delphi at the Kastalia Hotel with breakfast daily
- 2 nights in Thessaloniki at the Electra Palace Hotel with breakfast daily and 1 dinner
- 3 nights in Athens at the NEW Hotel with breakfast daily
- 2 nights in Nauplion at the Nafplia Palace Hotel with breakfast daily and 1 dinner
- Deluxe motor coach for transfers and touring
- Flights from Thessaloniki to Athens
- Entrance fees to archeological sites, museums and art galleries, including Acropolis & Acropolis Museum, National Archeological Museum, Mycenae, Peloponnesian Folk Arts Museum, Olympia ( site and museum), Delphi (site and museum), Thessaloniki Archeological Museum, Museum of Byzantine Culture, Jewish Museum Thessaloniki, Piraeus Archeological Museum, Ancient Agora, Benaki Museum
- English speaking licensed guide for sightseeing and touring, in museums and archeological sites
- Escorted by Carlson Maritime Travel’s John Lulius (fluent in Greek), with surprises and extra treats
- English translation headsets throughout trip, where available
- Overnight stay, city tax, VAT tax, local taxes
- All gratuities to guides, driver, hotel porters, dining room servers
- Personalized Services by Athens office affiliated with Carlson Maritime Travel
- Onsite lectures by Dr. Michael Bennett, MFA Sr. Curator of Early Western Art.
*Please Note: This trip involves considerable walking on uneven or cobblestone streets and ancient sites.
Collectors Circle Member Land Tour Pricing And Inclusions:
London & Greece: $6,198 per person in double occupancy. Single supplement $1,795
Greece Only: $4,099 per person in double occupancy. Single supplement $1,395
Deposits of $1,000 per person due when booking.
Second deposit if $1,000 due June 1.
Balance due June 15.
Optional group insurance: $353 per person. Includes cancellation, medical and emergency evacuation. Full details available upon request.
*Pricing Does Not Include: Flight from London to Athens; $250 donation to MFA Collectors Circle acquisition fund to be paid directly to the “Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg” with “Collectors Circle 25th Anniversary” donation written on the memo line of your check, or if credit card is used, please inform the staff of the $250 donation.
For Reservations and Information:
Carlson Maritime Travel
623 E. Tarpon Ave, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
ph: 727.945.1930 Fax: 727.945.1919