Coffee Talks with Nan Colton: Early History of the MFA
Connect with the arts through monthly performances that give voice and embodiment to the two-dimensional. The MFA’s ever popular artist-in-residence Nan Colton invites us to meet an artist or historical figure in a 30-minute presentation filmed live from the MFA, and Presented via Zoom. Grab a cup of coffee and a morning snack, and enjoy from home!
This month’s program is entitled: Early History of the MFA
In this performance, Nan presents the story of how the Museum of Fine Arts was founded. Witness the dedication to perfection and detail of the Museum’s founder, Margaret Acheson Stuart, as she worked to realize her dream of a world-class museum gracing the waterfront of downtown St. Petersburg. Join a potential docent as she learns the history of the museum, the woman behind its beginning, and its early collection.
Made Possible By:
FREE for MFA Members; Not-yet members are $20 for adults and $15 f0r seniors.
The Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg is a nonprofit organization that fosters a vibrant community through education, engagement, and public service. Your participation in this event helps to support the Museum, our exhibitions, and programs. Even though we have reopened, the impact of the months of closure is great. Here are a few ways you can support the MFA today:
- Become a member or gift a membership
- Renew your membership
- Purchase an admission ticket to visit the museum’s collection and special exhibitions
- Make a charitable gift of any size so we can continue to present world-class exhibitions and engaging programs for the diverse cultures and communities we serve
- Shop at our award-winning store online
- Shop online with Amazon Smile (choose Museum of Fine Arts Of St Petersburg Florida Inc, and a percentage of your purchases will be donated to the MFA)