Coffee Talks with Nan Colton: CLIO – All for Love
Connect with the arts through monthly performances that give voice and embodiment to the two-dimensional. Nan Colton invites us to meet an artist or historical figure in a 30-minute presentation filmed live from the MFA, and presented via Zoom. Grab a cup of coffee and a morning snack, and enjoy from home!
This month’s program is entitled: CLIO – All for Love
Clio, the Muse of History, returns for a look at Venus, the goddess of love, inspired by Thetis at the Forge of Vulcan by Louis Silvestre, the Younger, commissioned by Augustus the Strong, Elector of Saxony and King of Poland, one of the greatest art patrons of his time. The depiction of Augustus and his mistress as Vulcan and Venus (or Thetis) demonstrates Silvestre’s ability as a portraitist as well as a decorative painter.
FREE for MFA members; Not-yet members are $20 for adults and $15 for seniors.
Made Possible By:
The Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg is a nonprofit organization that fosters a vibrant community through education, engagement, and public service. Your participation in this event helps to support the museum, our exhibitions, and programs. Here are a few ways you can support the MFA today:
- Become a member or gift a membership
- Renew your membership
- Purchase an admission ticket to visit the museum’s collection and special exhibitions
- Make a charitable gift of any size so we can continue to present world-class exhibitions and engaging programs for the diverse cultures and communities we serve
- Shop at our award-winning store online
- Shop online with Amazon Smile (choose Museum of Fine Arts Of St Petersburg Florida Inc, and a percentage of your purchases will be donated to the MFA)