Coffee Talks with Nan Colton: Lee Krasner – Re-Echo
Connect with the arts through monthly performances that give voice and embodiment to the two-dimensional. Nan Colton invites us to meet an artist or historical figure in a 30-minute presentation filmed live from the MFA, and presented via Zoom. Grab a cup of coffee and a morning snack, and enjoy from home!
This month’s program is entitled: Lee Krasner – Re-Echo
Lee Krasner, who has come to be recognized as one of the pivotal artists of the Abstract Expressionist movement, painted Re-Echo in 1957, in the aftermath of her husband’s death. Determined to continue working, she moved into his studio and began her monumental Earth Green series, of which Re-Echo is a part. Here, we meet Krasner as she prepares for an exhibition and the public unveiling of these personal works.
FREE for MFA members; Not-yet members are $20 for adults and $15 for seniors.
Made Possible By:
The Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg is a nonprofit organization that fosters a vibrant community through education, engagement, and public service. Your participation in this event helps to support the museum, our exhibitions, and programs. Here are a few ways you can support the MFA today:
- Become a member or gift a membership
- Renew your membership
- Purchase an admission ticket to visit the museum’s collection and special exhibitions
- Make a charitable gift of any size so we can continue to present world-class exhibitions and engaging programs for the diverse cultures and communities we serve
- Shop at our award-winning store online
- Shop online with Amazon Smile (choose Museum of Fine Arts Of St Petersburg Florida Inc, and a percentage of your purchases will be donated to the MFA)