Coffee Talks with Nan Colton: Georgia O’Keeffe – The Color of Change
Connect with the arts through monthly performances that give voice and embodiment to the two-dimensional. The MFA’s ever popular artist-in-residence Nan Colton invites us to meet an artist or historical figure in a 30-minute online presentation, where Nan will be performing in the Marly Room and you’ll see it live via Zoom. After the performance, there will be a Q&A session. Grab a cup of coffee and a morning snack, and enjoy from home!
October’s program will be Georgia O’Keeffe: The Color of Change.
“My painting is what I have to give back to the world for what the world gives to me.” —Georgia O’Keeffe, 1940
During her performance, Nan will explore the many links between O’Keeffe’s work and her fascination with the natural world. The changing seasons, and the different flora, fauna, and light inherent to each season, were a lifelong interest of the artist, particularly the natural changes at her beloved Ghost Ranch, in Abiquiú, New Mexico.
FREE for MFA Members; Not-yet member pricing is $12 for adults, $10 for seniors. Thank you for supporting your museum through your participation in this program!
The Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg is a nonprofit organization that fosters a vibrant community through education and engagement. During our temporary closure, so many of you have asked how you can help your Museum. Even though we have reopened, the impact of the months of closure is great. Here are a few ways you can support the MFA today:
- Become a member or gift a membership
- Renew your membership
- Purchase an admission ticket to visit the Museum’s Collection and special exhibitions
- Make a charitable gift of any size so that we can continue arts education and conservation while we were temporarily closed and when we reopen
- Shop at our award-winning store online
- Shop online with Amazon Smile (choose Museum of Fine Arts Of St Petersburg Florida Inc, and a percent of your purchases will be donated to the MFA)