Coffee Talks with Nan Colton: Harriet Beecher Stowe, Words of Wisdom
Harriet Beecher Stowe (1811-1896) published more than 30 books, but it was her best-selling anti-slavery novel Uncle Tom’s Cabin that catapulted her to international celebrity and secured her place in history. She believed her actions could make a positive difference, and indeed, her words changed the world. Harriet Beecher Stowe’s writing career spanned 51 years. She published 30 books and countless short stories, poems, articles, and hymns. With her writing, Stowe could publicly express her thoughts and beliefs in a time when women were discouraged from public speaking, and could not vote or hold office.
This month’s program is entitled: Harriet Beecher Stowe, Words of Wisdom
This performance will take place live in the Marly room at the MFA. To ensure the health and safety of our visitors and staff, face masks are recommended while inside the museum at all times.
We’re delighted to announce that coffee is back for Coffee Talks along with post-Coffee Talk docent tours.
- 10 am – 10:30 am Refreshments service begins in the Membership Garden
- 10:30 am – 11 am Coffee Talk presentation
- 11 am Q&A
- Immediately after Q&A ends – Docent Tour: meet in the Great Hall
FREE for MFA members; Not-yet members are $22 for adults and $17 for seniors.
Please note: Due to the uncertainties related to COVID-19, this event is subject to change.
Made Possible By:
The Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg is a nonprofit organization that fosters a vibrant community through education, engagement, and public service. Your participation in this event helps to support the museum, our exhibitions, and programs. Here are a few ways you can support the MFA today:
- Become a member or gift a membership
- Renew your membership
- Purchase an admission ticket to visit the museum’s collection and special exhibitions
- Make a charitable gift of any size so we can continue to present world-class exhibitions and engaging programs for the diverse cultures and communities we serve
- Shop at our award-winning store online
- Shop online with Amazon Smile (choose Museum of Fine Arts Of St Petersburg Florida Inc, and a percentage of your purchases will be donated to the MFA)