Coffee Talks with Nan Colton: Mary Cassatt – A Woman Impressionist
Mary Cassatt, one of the “les trois grandes dames” (the three great ladies) of Impressionism alongside Marie Bracquemond and Berthe Morisot, often depicted the 19th century’s “New Woman” in her paintings, and led a social life consistent with such portraits – lending works to exhibitions in support of the suffrage movement and advocating for women’s equality. Join us as we learn more about this fascinating artist and supporter of social causes. In this presentation, she recounts her close and tumultuous friendship with Edgar Degas.
This performance will take place live in the Marly room at the MFA. To ensure the health and safety of our visitors and staff, face masks are required while inside the museum at all times and refreshments will not be served. Capacity for this event will be limited and advanced registration is required.
FREE for MFA members; Not-yet members are $20 for adults and $15 for seniors.
Please note: Due to the uncertainties related to COVID-19, this event is subject to change.
Made Possible By:
The Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg is a nonprofit organization that fosters a vibrant community through education, engagement, and public service. Your participation in this event helps to support the museum, our exhibitions, and programs. Here are a few ways you can support the MFA today:
- Become a member or gift a membership
- Renew your membership
- Purchase an admission ticket to visit the museum’s collection and special exhibitions
- Make a charitable gift of any size so we can continue to present world-class exhibitions and engaging programs for the diverse cultures and communities we serve
- Shop at our award-winning store online
- Shop online with Amazon Smile (choose Museum of Fine Arts Of St Petersburg Florida Inc, and a percentage of your purchases will be donated to the MFA)