The Florida Orchestra Takeover
During the run of Art of the Stage: Picasso to Hockney, the MFA will collaborate with local and national performing arts organizations, and the museum’s galleries will be animated with live dance, music, theater, and opera. The exhibit celebrates artists from Picasso to Hockney who have contributed to the innovation of costume, set, and stage design. The collection examines collaborations with Ballets Russes at the turn of the century, works in Revolutionary Russia of the 1920’s and 30’s, Neo-Romantic and Surrealist theater, as well as Contemporary Design.
Our first collaboration is with The Florida Orchestra, in presenting a series of musical events inspired by Art of the Stage: Picasso to Hockney. During this event, The Florida Orchestra will entertain visitors with multiple performances throughout the museum.
• 12:30 pm: Tchaikovsky Serenade and Mozart Violin Concerto (Conservatory)
• 1:05 pm: Les aventures de Mercure by Satie (Marly Room)
• 1:30 pm: Stravinsky Octet (Hough Gallery)
• 2:30 pm: Tchaikovsky Serenade and Mozart Violin Concerto (Conservatory)
• 3:05 pm: Les aventures de Mercure by Satie (Marly Room)
• 3:30 pm: Stravinsky Octet (Hough Gallery)
Free with admission
Want to enjoy more live performances from local and national performing arts organizations during this special exhibitions? Check out our full schedule here! MFA Members enjoy free admission for 12 months, early access to special exhibitions, discounts at our Store and Café, reciprocal benefits to hundreds of museum across the country, and more.
NOT YET A MEMBER? BECOME A MEMBER TODAY FOR EARLY ACCESS TO EXHIBITIONS.