Homeschool Hours – Cancelled
The Fine Arts of Fabrics
Homeschool groups and families are invited to join us the last Wednesday of the month as we look at the culture, history, math, and science of art! Every month we will explore a new idea or special exhibition, and visitors will receive a pre-packaged learning bag with a guide and activity. Museum docents, educators, and other specialists will meet you in the galleries to lead conversations and answer questions. All ages are welcomed; program geared towards grades K-6.
Join us as we explore the special exhibition Gio Swaby: Fresh Up! First, discover the science, history, and art of fabric production around the world, then learn how this contemporary artist turns fabric and string into “love letters to Black women” as you create your own textile art in the galleries.
Free for members, through Museums for All, or with the cost of admission.
Spots are limited. Advanced registration recommended!
Please note: Due to the potential impact of Hurricane Ian, the MFA will be closed effective Monday, September 26 until further notification.
This Homeschool Hours is cancelled.
Those who paid for registrations will be refunded. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that everyone in our community takes the necessary precautions to stay safe during this time. Thank you for your understanding and support.
The Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg is a nonprofit organization that fosters a vibrant community through education, engagement, and public service. Your participation in this event helps to support the Museum, our exhibitions, and programs. Here are a few ways you can support the MFA today:
- Become a member or gift a membership
- Renew your membership
- Purchase an admission ticket to visit the museum’s collection and special exhibitions
- Make a charitable gift of any size so we can continue to present world-class exhibitions and engaging programs for the diverse cultures and communities we serve
- Shop at our award-winning store online
- Shop online with Amazon Smile (choose Museum of Fine Arts Of St Petersburg Florida Inc, and a percentage of your purchases will be donated to the MFA)