Homeschool Hours: Ancient Archaeology featuring Antioch Reclaimed: Ancient Mosaics at the MFA
Homeschool groups and families are invited to join us the last Wednesday of the month as we look at the culture, history, math, and science of art! Every month we will explore a new idea or special exhibition, and visitors will receive a pre-packaged learning bag with a guide and activity. Museum docents, educators, and other specialists will meet you in the galleries to lead conversations and answer questions. All ages are welcomed; program geared towards grades K-6.
In the exhibition Antioch Reclaimed: Ancient Mosaics at the MFA, travel back in time to the ancient Greco-Roman city to learn more about life in the second to the fifth centuries A.D., and how archaeologists rediscovered that life over 1,500 years later! Participants will receive a pre-packaged activity bag with archaeology-inspired puzzles, scavenger hunt, and more.
Free for members, or with the cost of admission.
Advance ticketing is required as capacity is limited in the galleries.
Purchase advance tickets here.
The Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg is a nonprofit organization that fosters a vibrant community through education, engagement, and public service. Your participation in this event helps to support the Museum, our exhibitions, and programs. Even though we have reopened, the impact of the months of closure is great. Here are a few ways you can support the MFA today:
- Become a member or gift a membership
- Renew your membership
- Purchase an admission ticket to visit the museum’s collection and special exhibitions
- Make a charitable gift of any size so we can continue to present world-class exhibitions and engaging programs for the diverse cultures and communities we serve
- Shop at our award-winning store online
- Shop online with Amazon Smile (choose Museum of Fine Arts Of St Petersburg Florida Inc, and a percentage of your purchases will be donated to the MFA)