Stimulate your family’s imagination and inspire a love of art from around the world as you explore our museum together!
Come and play at the MFA! Museum minis invites children ages 2 to 5 years old and their favorite grownups to join us in the galleries for stories, games, songs, and art. From shapes to colors and artists to animals, there is always something fun to discover. Inspire your little learner’s imagination as you explore our collection in a brand new way together.
First Wednesday of each month from 10 am-11 am. Beginning in January 2020 join us twice a month, the first Wednesday and the fourth Saturday of each month. Free for members or included with the cost of admission.
Reservation required. Check out the full Museum Minis schedule below:
- September 4 – Shapes and Folds!
- October 2 – All 5 Senses!
- November 6 – Incredible Insects!
- December 4 – Friendly Faces!
- January 8 – Horsin’ Around!
- January 25 – Horsin’ Around!
- February 5 – Showtime!
- February 22 – Showtime!
- March 4 – Busy Bees!
- March 28 – Busy Bees!
- April 1 – Silly Situations!
- April 25 – Silly Situations!
- May 6 – Petite Painters!
- May 23 – Petite Painters!
- June 3 – Colors of the Rainbow!
- June 27 – Colors of the Rainbow!
Explore More! Family Days
Join us each month for a special day of family fun! With arts and crafts, family tours, scavenger hunts, and other special programming, there’s a lot to do at the MFA. Each month will feature a different theme so your family can explore with us again and again!
Third Saturday of the month from 11 am to 2 pm. Free for Members or with the cost of admission. No reservation required. Check out the upcoming schedule below:
- November 16 – All About Insects
- December 21 – Holiday Traditions
- January 18 – 2020: The Art and Science of Seeing
- February 15 – For the Love of Art
painting in the park
Painting in the Park is our annual outdoor celebration of all things art. It’s colorful, creative, messy, and more! With a wide variety of hands-on activities inspired by the MFA Collection, the whole family will experience the art inside the museum in a brand new way. This April event is FREE to the public and takes place in Straub Park right next to the museum. Check our Calendar for April’s activities and join us at Painting in the Park!