The Museum of Fine Arts offers a wide range of career opportunities. This page features open positions as they become available.
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions. The Museum of Fine Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
facilities associate (Part-time)
Posted August 2, 2016
Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg, FL (MFA) seeks a Facilities Associate to support the Director of Operations in the areas of events, custodial and maintenance. This is a non-exempt, part-time position. Must be able to work weekends, evenings, and maintain flexible hours.
- Keep common areas and restrooms clean when custodial staff is not on premises.
- Auto-scrub the museum conservatory weekly.
- Assist with special event set up and break down.
- Keep exterior of museum free of litter.
- Keep museum gardens clean and orderly.
- Painting of mechanical and common area.
- Replace light bulbs as needed.
- Manage museums recycling program.
- Keep all mechanical aspects of the museum in good working order.
- High School Education required.
- At least 2 years’ experience in related field .
- Special event experience a plus.
- Commercial HVAC experience a plus.
- Able to carry and lift 40 pounds.
museum store associate (part-time)
Posted August 4, 2016
Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg, FL (MFA) seeks a Museum Store Associate. This is a non-exempt, part-time position. The Associate must be able to work weekends, evenings, and maintain flexible hours. The Associate will provide courteous service to customers in the Museum Store, use their knowledge of products and exhibitions to provide excellent service to museum visitors. They will greet and help museum visitors with utmost courtesy and respect, and answer visitor questions.
- Receives, unpacks, and shelves incoming merchandise.
- Matches merchandise received to invoices, checks for damages and identifies discrepancies using a computerized inventory control system.
- Prepares merchandise for sale in the Museum Store. This includes, but is not limited to, packaging and labeling merchandise.
- Pulls merchandise for store restocking and packages and prepares merchandise for shipping.
- Restocks Museum Store inventory.
- Operates computerized POS system to answer customer queries and to sell merchandise.
- Maintain appearance of displays and organization of book sections with an emphasis on cleanliness and attention to detail.
- Fulfill end of shift closing procedures and prepare appropriate documents.
- High School Education required.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a retail operation, preferably a museum or specialty bookstore, or some combination of experience sufficient to develop sales, inventory control and cash management skills.
- Must be able to operate a computer cash register.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA. FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on the telephone.
Stuart Society Administrative Assistant (part-time)
Posted August 5, 2016
The Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg, FL, (MFA) seeks an Administrative Assistant, which is a non-exempt, part-time position reporting to The Margaret Acheson Stuart Society leadership. The primary role of the Administrative Assistant is to support to The Stuart Society, named for the founder of the MFA. A non-profit 501(c)3 organization in its own right with more than 400 volunteers, the Stuart Society promotes the mission of the MFA through annual fundraising events, encouraging public interest and participation in Museum activities, and increasing general Museum membership.
- Provide clerical support including but not limited to mailing, scanning, copying, typing
- Receive, sort and inform recipients of incoming mail, and respond to and forward as appropriate all phone messages in a timely manner
- Maintain Stuart Society membership database and all electronic and hard copy files
- Organize and oversee orderly maintenance of Stuart Society office area
- Order adequate stationery and basic office supplies
- Coordinate meetings, room reservations and events with and on MFA master calendar
- Manage room reservations and set-up for Stuart Society meetings held at MFA
- Attend all general membership meetings and committee meetings as necessary
- Attend MFA all-staff meetings
- Produce and distribute Stuart Society internal and external communications including but not limited to newsletters, emails, and announcements
- Manage all Stuart Society social media and website content
- Oversee compliance of Stuart Society Digital & Social Media Policies and Procedures
- Handle all aspects of Stuart Society event registrations including input and payment
- Assemble materials and reports for Stuart Society leadership and Event Chairs
- Generate and track event reports and assist in production of event materials
- Be informed about Stuart Society activities to handle inquiries and share information
- Provide general support as needed
- HS graduate; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- 2+ years’ experience in Windows-based database management and data entry; familiarity with DonorPerfect and DonorShops a plus
- Experience with use of images and publishing software
- Ability to work with multiple committee leadership under multiple event deadlines
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Pleasant and professional demeanor with ability to maintain confidentiality
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your cover letter (including salary history and which position
you’re applying for), and resume to:
The Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg
Attention: Human Resources
255 Beach Drive, NE
St. Petersburg, FL 33701-3498