The Museum of Fine Arts offers a wide range of career opportunities. This page features open positions as they become available.
The MFA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MFA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions. The Museum of Fine Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted January 13, 2017
The Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg, FL, (MFA) seeks a Museum Associate. This is a non-exempt, part-time position. The Associate must be able to work weekends, evenings, and maintain flexible hours. The Associate will provide excellent service to museum visitors. They will greet and help museum visitors with utmost courtesy and respect, and answer visitor questions.
- Explain admissions policy to visitors
- Collect admission fees
- Verify membership status
- Assist patrons with membership application forms
- Provide on-going promotion and sales of Museum and Support Organizations membership
- Answer visitor’s general questions regarding art collection, special exhibits, events, programs and facilities
- Fulfill end of shift closing procedures and prepare appropriate documents
- High school education required
- At least 2 years’ experience with cash management skills
- Must be able to operate a computer cash register
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your cover letter (including salary history and which position
you’re applying for), and resume to:
The Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg
Attention: Human Resources
255 Beach Drive, NE
St. Petersburg, FL 33701-3498