Art in Bloom
A community favorite, Art in Bloom 2014 will fill the Museum with glorious flowers. More than 50 professional florists, talented hobbyists, and members of The Stuart Society will interpret works in the collection. Art in Bloom will open to the public Saturday, March 8, and continue through Tuesday, March 11.
This year the luncheon is on Friday, March 7, and guest of honor Chris Giftos will create a floral design for The Junior League Great Hall, just as he did for the Metropolitan Museum of Art during his acclaimed career.
For reservations to the Art in Bloom Luncheon and “Flowers After Hours” Preview Party, please contact Nancy Dunn, email@example.com.
Meet the Designer Patron Party – Thursday, March 6 @ 7p.m.
- A reception for patrons and sponsors at a private home will inaugurate the spring celebration. Master floral designer Chris Giftos from New York will attend. Gourmet hors d’ouevres, cocktails, and wine will be served.
Art in Bloom Luncheon – Friday, March 7 @11a.m.
- Renaissance Vinoy Grand Ballroom
- The speaker and guest of honor is Chris Giftos, who served as Master Floral Designer and Director of Special Events at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, for more than 30 years. Mr. Giftos created the weekly floral design for the Met’s Great Hall. People visited the museum just to see his spectacular arrangements. Mr. Giftos has appeared on television with Oprah Winfrey and frequently with Martha Stewart, among others.
Flowers After Hours – Saturday, March 8 @ 6:30p.m.
- Be one of the first to view the inventive floral designs and enjoy sumptuos hors d’oeuvres, cocktails, wine, and jazz in the Mary Alice McClendon Conservatory. Emmy Award-winning journalist Cathy Unruh of WEDU will be the emcee, and the Iron Florist Competition will spotlight two of the city’s finest designers.
Conversations with the Designers – Sunday, March 9 @ 2 – 4p.m.
- Floral designers will be in the galleries to discuss their creations, inspiration, and techniques. Mernet Larsen, Professor Emerita of Painting at the University of South Florida, will be the special guest. One of the area’s most gifted artists, Ms. Larsen now divides her time between Tampa and New York, where she is represented by the Johannes Vogt Gallery. Honorary Stuart Society member Eric Lang Peterson will create a design in response to her exceptional painting Mall (1987), which he donated to the collection. He will join Ms. Larsen for this event.