Coffee Talks with Nan Colton: Dorothy Dehner
Join us for a fascinating look at the life of Dorothy Dehner, whose artistic practice touched on sculpture, painting, and printmaking. A true artist, Dehner began her career as a performer, majoring in drama at UCLA before moving to New York and pursuing a career in the visual arts. She began sculpting late in life, well into her 50s, and met with success – achieving her first show only two years later. Initially creating cast-bronze sculpture, Dehner started working with wood in the mid-1970s. During the early 1980s, she produced enormous pieces in Corten steel—an alloy with a rusty appearance emphasizing contours over mass, foreshadowing contemporary trends. (1646).
We’re delighted to announce that coffee is back for Coffee Talks and post-Coffee Talk docent tours.
- 10:00 am – 10:30 am Refreshments served in the Membership Garden
- 10:30 am – 11 am Coffee Talk presentation by Nan Colton
- 11:00 am Q&A
- Immediately after Q&A ends – Docent Tour: meet in the Great Hall
FREE for MFA members; Not-yet members are $22 for adults and $17 for seniors.
Made Possible By:
The Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg is a nonprofit organization that fosters a vibrant community through education, engagement, and public service. Your participation in this event helps to support the museum, our exhibitions, and our programs. Here are a few ways you can support the MFA today:
- Become a member or gift a membership
- Renew your membership
- Purchase an admission ticket to visit the museum’s collection and special exhibitions
- Make a charitable gift of any size so we can continue to present world-class exhibitions and engaging programs for the diverse cultures and communities we serve
- Shop at the MFA store online or in our pop-up shop inside the Conservatory
- Shop online with Amazon Smile (choose Museum of Fine Arts Of St Petersburg Florida Inc, and a percentage of your purchases will be donated to the MFA)