Coffee Talks with Nan Colton: Berenice Abbott – Photography Helps People See
Connect with the arts through monthly performances that give voice and embodiment to the two-dimensional. The MFA’s ever popular artist-in-residence Nan Colton invites us to meet an artist or historical figure in a 30-minute presentation filmed live from the MFA, and presented via Zoom. Grab a cup of coffee and a morning snack, and enjoy from home!
This month’s program is entitled: Berenice Abbott – Photography Helps People See
Abbott was not only a photographer, but also the founder of the “House of Photography,” created in 1947 to promote and sell some of her inventions. Throughout her career, Abbott’s photography chronicled the increased interplay between technology and society, showcasing an ever-industrialized New York landscape. Toward the end of her life, Abbott moved to pastoral Maine, where she reflected on her successful career and fascinating life.
Made Possible By:
FREE for MFA Members; Not-yet members are $20 for adults and $15 f0r seniors.
The Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg is a nonprofit organization that fosters a vibrant community through education, engagement, and public service. Your participation in this event helps to support the Museum, our exhibitions, and programs. Even though we have reopened, the impact of the months of closure is great. Here are a few ways you can support the MFA today:
- Become a member or gift a membership
- Renew your membership
- Purchase an admission ticket to visit the museum’s collection and special exhibitions
- Make a charitable gift of any size so we can continue to present world-class exhibitions and engaging programs for the diverse cultures and communities we serve
- Shop at our award-winning store online
- Shop online with Amazon Smile (choose Museum of Fine Arts Of St Petersburg Florida Inc, and a percentage of your purchases will be donated to the MFA)