Coffee Talks with Nan Colton: Mina Miller Edison – Florida, a land of flowers and birds
Connect with the arts through monthly performances that give voice and embodiment to the two-dimensional. Nan Colton invites us to meet an artist or historical figure in a 30-minute presentation filmed live from the MFA, and presented via Zoom. Grab a cup of coffee and a morning snack, and enjoy from home!
This month’s program is entitled: Mina Miller Edison – Florida, a land of flowers and birds
Mina Miller Edison, wife of the world famous inventor Thomas Edison, carved her own niche in the world and proved to be a remarkable woman, quietly distinguished in her own right. When she first came to Fort Myers as a young bride in 1886, Mina is reported to have said that the trip seemed to her like a vast and formidable adventure. To her, Florida was a vast unknown jungle, possessed of a rich assortment of birds, plants, and exotic flowers that she came to love and appreciate deeply.
Made Possible By:
FREE for MFA members; Not-yet members are $20 for adults and $15 f0r seniors.
The Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg is a nonprofit organization that fosters a vibrant community through education, engagement, and public service. Your participation in this event helps to support the museum, our exhibitions, and programs. Here are a few ways you can support the MFA today:
- Become a member or gift a membership
- Renew your membership
- Purchase an admission ticket to visit the museum’s collection and special exhibitions
- Make a charitable gift of any size so we can continue to present world-class exhibitions and engaging programs for the diverse cultures and communities we serve
- Shop at our award-winning store online
- Shop online with Amazon Smile (choose Museum of Fine Arts Of St Petersburg Florida Inc, and a percentage of your purchases will be donated to the MFA)