Coffee Talks with Nan Colton: Spine Chilling Tales
It’s October, and we invite you to enjoy some favorite scary stories based on the museum’s vast collection. From mildly morose to the positively petrifying, this presentation offers spine-chilling tales that are filled with ageless mystery and are bound to stir your imagination. Visit some of the scariest artworks in the MFA Collection, as seen through the eyes of our narrator Nan Colton. Our encyclopedic collection, ranging from antiquities to contemporary art, offers many opportunities to explore art’s dark side, as seen in, for example, Isaac Willaerts’ Ships Foundering off a Rocky Shore (1646).
We’re delighted to announce that coffee is back for Coffee Talks and post-Coffee Talk docent tours.
- 10 am – 10:30 am Refreshments service begins in the Membership Garden
- 10:30 am – 11 am Coffee Talk presentation
- 11 am Q&A
- Immediately after Q&A ends – Docent Tour: meet in the Great Hall
FREE for MFA members; Not-yet members are $22 for adults and $17 for seniors.
Made Possible By:
The Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg is a nonprofit organization that fosters a vibrant community through education, engagement, and public service. Your participation in this event helps to support the museum, our exhibitions, and our programs. Here are a few ways you can support the MFA today:
- Become a member or gift a membership
- Renew your membership
- Purchase an admission ticket to visit the museum’s collection and special exhibitions
- Make a charitable gift of any size so we can continue to present world-class exhibitions and engaging programs for the diverse cultures and communities we serve
- Shop at our award-winning store online
- Shop online with Amazon Smile (choose Museum of Fine Arts Of St Petersburg Florida Inc, and a percentage of your purchases will be donated to the MFA)