Homeschool groups and families are invited to join us the last Wednesday of the month as we look at the culture, history, math, and science of art! Every month we will explore a new idea or special exhibition, and visitors will receive a pre-packaged learning bag with a guide and activity. Museum docents, educators, and other specialists will meet you in the galleries to lead conversations and answer questions. All ages are welcomed; program geared towards grades K-6.
What can we learn from a landscape? Travel back in time with us to the Roman Baroque to discover the geography, biology, and symbolism of these beautiful paintings. Then, search the collection galleries to learn how other artists around the world have used the environments around them to create incredible artworks. Participants will receive a pre-packaged learning bag with activities, games, and more to guide them on this art adventure.
Free for members, through Museums for All, or with the cost of admission.
Spots are limited. Advanced registration recommended!
Please note: Due to the uncertainties related to COVID-19, this event is subject to change.
The Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg is a nonprofit organization that fosters a vibrant community through education, engagement, and public service. Your participation in this event helps to support the Museum, our exhibitions, and programs. Here are a few ways you can support the MFA today:
- Become a member or gift a membership
- Renew your membership
- Purchase an admission ticket to visit the museum’s collection and special exhibitions
- Make a charitable gift of any size so we can continue to present world-class exhibitions and engaging programs for the diverse cultures and communities we serve
- Shop at our award-winning store online
- Shop online with Amazon Smile (choose Museum of Fine Arts Of St Petersburg Florida Inc, and a percentage of your purchases will be donated to the MFA)