Quilts and Calculations
Homeschool groups and families are invited to join us the last Wednesday of the month as we look at the culture, history, math, and science of art! Every month we will explore a new idea or special exhibition, and visitors will receive a pre-packaged learning bag with a guide and activity. Museum docents, educators, and other specialists will meet you in the galleries to lead conversations and answer questions. All ages are welcomed; program geared towards grades K-6.
This month we are featuring the exhibition Pieced & Patterned: American Quilts, c 1800-1930
Over 30 quilts, hundreds of pieces of fabric, plus thousands of stitches equals an incredible exhibition filled with amazing numbers! Join us as we learn about the history of quilt-making in America through the lens of mathematics and geometry. Discover how quilters turn equations into art and create a patterned quilt of your own.
Free for members, or with the cost of admission.
The Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg is a nonprofit organization that fosters a vibrant community through education, engagement, and public service. Your participation in this event helps to support the Museum, our exhibitions, and programs. Here are a few ways you can support the MFA today:
- Become a member or gift a membership
- Renew your membership
- Purchase an admission ticket to visit the museum’s collection and special exhibitions
- Make a charitable gift of any size so we can continue to present world-class exhibitions and engaging programs for the diverse cultures and communities we serve
- Shop at our award-winning store online
- Shop online with Amazon Smile (choose Museum of Fine Arts Of St Petersburg Florida Inc, and a percentage of your purchases will be donated to the MFA)