MFA From Home
Our Art Break activities are perfect for students in K-6, with adult help recommended for those in K-3!
This “online classroom” is designed to showcase the powerful contributions of women artists. Join our Curatorial team as we explore artwork by women artists in our new Wild Creations Digital Access series.
quar-art-ined: Upcoming virtual EVENTS
All MFA programs and events will remain online for now. You can check them all out here!
VIDEOS at the #MFASTPETE
- Curator of Contemporary Art Katherine Pill on Gene Davis’s Black Watch (1974)
- Sr. Curator of Early Western Art Dr. Michael Bennett on Greek Geometric Bracelet (~700 B.C.)
- Sphinx Virtuosi Orchestra’s Residency at the MFA (Feb. 2020)
- Curatorial Assistant Stephanie Chill on Standing Horse from Han Dynasty (206 B.C.-220 A.D.)
- Curatorial & Registration Assistant Erin Wilson on Berthe Morisot’s La Lecture (1888)
- Curator of Collections & Exhibitions Dr. Stanton Thomas on In Full Bloom: Netherlandish Flower Paintings and Trade (was set to open to the public the day after we closed our doors temporarily)
- Dr. Stanton Thomas on the theme of “vanitas” in Netherlandish paintings
- Erin Wilson on Up Close and Personal: Art on an Intimate Scale
- Rooftop honey bee apiary tour with Noble Nectar Apiaries (Apr. 2020)
- Curator of Contemporary Art Katherine Pill on Richard Anuszkiewicz’s Volumes (1972)
SKyway Artist Check-ins
Skyway 2020 has become Skyway 2021. We are checking in with some of the participating artists who will exhibit at the MFA to see how they’re doing during this time of social distancing, and learning more about their studio practices.
MFA Staff Recommendations
MFA staff reads children’s books related to works in the MFA Collection.
Follow us on Social Media @MFAStpete
Visit us on social daily, for games, activities, and so much more—all inspired by the art in our galleries.
Every day, even while our doors are closed, we are “open” online. Since the MFA doors temporarily closed, so many of you have asked how you can help during this critical time. Here are a few ways you can support your museum today:
- Become a member or gift a membership
- Renew your membership
- Make a charitable gift of any size so that we can continue arts education and conservation while we were temporarily closed and when we reopen
- Shop at The MFA Store online
- Shop online with Amazon Smile (choose Museum of Fine Arts Of St Petersburg Florida Inc, and a percent of your purchases will be donated to the Museum)